Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Advice for Those Looking for Marriage Counseling

Occasionally, I hear of couples having marriage problems due to differing religious beliefs.

While working on my MA in Psychology, I specialized in couples therapy. I suggest finding a therapist who practices Integrative Behavioral Couples Therapy (IBCT). Research shows that it is the most effective couples therapy out there.

You may also want to look into getting a copy of the companion self-help book Reconcilable Differences written by the developers of IBCT, Jacobson and Christiansen.


adam said...

Emotionally Focused Therapy is also an empirically validated treatment.

I am curious about IBCT stuff though. Thanks for the recommendation.

Jessica Gomez said...

I adore every information you have here. Glad you've shared this. Thanks! :)

Marriage Counseling Jacksonville FL